Teva Respiratory, LLC maintains this site (the "site") for your personal information, education, and communication. While you should feel free to browse the site, please understand that your access to and use of the site is subject to the following terms and conditions ("terms and conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and Teva Respiratory concerning the site are superseded to the extent they conflict with these terms and conditions.
Your use of or linking to any content of the site, except as provided in these terms and conditions, is strictly prohibited.
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the site is copyrighted and may not be used without the written permission of Teva Respiratory, except as provided in these terms and conditions or in the text on the site. Teva Respiratory neither warrants nor represents that your use of material displayed on the site will not infringe rights of third parties. Nothing contained on the site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Teva Respiratory intellectual property right (including, but not limited to any patent, trademark, trade name, copyright or trade secret).
- You may download material displayed on the site for non-commercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials or as specified on the site. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use the content of the site, including the text, images, audio, and video, for public or commercial purposes.
- Images of people or places displayed on the site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Teva Respiratory. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these terms and conditions or as provided elsewhere on the site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. You are also advised that Teva Respiratory will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- The trademark logos and service marks displayed on the site (collectively the "trademarks"), including QVAR, are registered and unregistered trademarks of Teva Respiratory and others. Nothing contained on the site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks without the written permission of Teva Respiratory or such third party that may own the trademarks.
- Teva Respiratory has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- While Teva Respiratory uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the site, Teva Respiratory makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Teva Respiratory shall not be held responsible for any action taken that is based on the information presented on the site, and all users of the site agree that access and use of the site is at the user's own risk. Teva Respiratory assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the site.
- Your use of and browsing in the site are at your own risk. Neither Teva Respiratory nor any other party involved in creating, producing, hosting or delivering the site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site or its contents. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
- Teva Respiratory also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the site.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Teva Respiratory or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Teva Respiratory is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the site for any purposes whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, marketing, and selling products using such ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques.
- Teva Respiratory may at any time revise these terms and conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current terms and conditions to which you are bound.
- Teva Respiratory maintains this site as a service to the internet community. The site has been designed to provide general information about Teva Respiratory and its products. These pages are not intended to provide investment or medical advice, nor do they provide instruction on the appropriate use of products manufactured for or sold by Teva Respiratory or products currently under development by Teva Respiratory, its affiliates, related companies, or its licensors or joint venture partners. Information on this site regarding products approved for marketing is qualified in its entirety by reference to the full prescribing information for such products. Users of this site should be aware that products under development described herein have not been found safe or effective by any regulatory agency and are not approved for any use outside of clinical trials.
This site is intended only to provide information about QVAR drug therapy. This site was developed specifically for individuals who are U.S. residents. This content has not been approved for non-U.S. residents. The information should not be considered complete and should not be used in place of a visit, call, consultation or advice of your physician or other healthcare provider. This web site does not recommend the self-management of health problems. Information obtained through this site is not exhaustive and does not cover all ailments, physical conditions or their treatment. Should you have any healthcare-related questions, please call or see your physician or other healthcare provider promptly. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here.
VISITORS TO QVAR.COM ARE URGED AND ADVISED TO SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE BEGINNING ANY TREATMENT. Such individuals are specifically warned to seek professional medical advice prior to initiating any form of health treatment.
(beclomethasone dipropionate HFA) Inhalation Aerosol is used in the ongoing treatment of asthma as preventative therapy in patients 5 years of age or older.
is also used for asthma patients who require systemic corticosteroid administration, where adding QVAR®
may reduce or eliminate the need for systemic corticosteroids.
does not replace quick-relief inhalers for sudden symptoms.
CAUTION: If you are stopping or switching from an oral corticosteroid to QVAR®, follow your doctor's instructions to avoid health risks. (See WARNINGS, Prescribing Information).
Inhaled corticosteroids may cause a reduction in growth rate, so children taking QVAR®
should have their growth checked regularly. The long-term effect on final adult growth is unknown.
Do not stop taking QVAR®
abruptly without talking to your doctor.
In clinical studies, common side effects included headache and sore throat. These are not all of the possible side effects of QVAR®
. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch
, or call 1-800-FDA-1088
QVAR® is a registered trademark of IVAX LLC, a member of the Teva Group.
©2012 Teva Respiratory, LLC. This site is intended for U.S. residents only.